Monday 7 July 2014

Review: John Frieda Highlight Activating Moisturising Shampoo and Conditioner

John Frieda Highlight Activating Moisturising Shampoo and Conditioner


Hello!

Today I will be reviewing the John Frieda shampoo and conditioner for Blonde hair that is available at Boots.

The shampoo and conditioner overall work well over a long period of time at making your hair go blonder and I have definitely noticed the difference in my hair colour since I began using this a couple of months ago. It has helped my hair to have more of a summer tone to it without using all of the harmful chemicals that go into your hair when it is highlighted/dyed.
Personally I really like the smell of the shampoo and conditioner. They remind me of the hairdressers with that smell that I can't quite put my finger on but I think it is just all of the hair products that they use mixed into one. Consistency wise both the shampoo and especially the conditioner is quite thick compared to normal which may be because of its purpose of changing hair colour so it needs to stay on the hair for longer, who knows! Anyway, I'm not quite sure whether I like the thicker consistency on the conditioner as it is quite hard to spread out throughout your hair however I prefer the thicker shampoo as it means that the shampoo does not slide off my head which normally happens.





I have incorporated this shampoo and conditioner duo into my daily routine by alternating them with my other shampoo and conditioner (which vary all the time!) so overall I use these every other wash. I think this is better as otherwise I find that these start to dry out my roots due to all of the coloring chemicals but used every other wash my hair is still luscious and smooth and blonde.
Packaging wise I like that both of these are in tubes as opposed to bottles as it is easier to get out, especially as they are of a thicker consistency. The packaging also feels very smooth and luxurious however that is expected with the slightly dear price tag (well, I think so anyway). I have the " highlight activating moisturising blonde" one which I think are the same price as all of the other versions of the same size such as "everlasting blonde". The grand price of these was £5.59 for the shampoo and another £5.59 for the conditioner which is quite pricey if you ask me so I would definitely recommend using it every other wash in order to make it last longer and save your bank balance.


Thanks for reading,
Rose
X

Follow my blog with Bloglovin

No comments:

Post a Comment