Wednesday 9 July 2014

Dupe #6 Clinique Anti-Blemish Solutions Moisturiser

"Clinique Anti-Blemish Solutions All-Over Clearing Treatment" and "Essence Pure Skin Anti-Spot Moisturizer"



On my recent holiday to Greece I forgot my Clinique Moisturiser so I had to take a trip to the Hondos Centre near my hotel to try and find an anti-spot moisturiser as I had my prom the following week and I did not want to leave anything to chance! This is when this dupe was found, like many of our other dupes, this was also totally by accident.





I had never heard of the brand Essence in the UK before however when I got home I conducted some research and turns out Essence makeup is available in Wilkinson although I could not find the moisturiser still. On the other hand I think I will have to try out some of their nail polishes as they look like a good dupe for the Bourjois ones. Anyway to other international readers it seems to be quite a widely available in most drugstores in Europe and beyond. Admittedly in Greece I did not have a lot of choice of anti-spot ranges, one thing that quite surprised me, as in about every drugstore in the UK there is a whole section dedicated to blemish defense. In Greece this market is obviously not as big. Even Clean and Clear only had 4 products in the whole 3 story shop!





Onto the Essence moisturiser it has a good texture like the Clinique one, maybe even more matte, which makes it perfect to use as a primer under makeup. It applies well and feels smooth on the skin, while providing a little moisture which is just enough for my normal type skin however would not be moisturising enough for someone with even slightly dry skin by any means. One thing that I first noticed about this moisturiser is that it has a green tint however after thinking about this it is probably designed to combat redness although I'm not sure that it really does in particular as it sinks into the skin pretty quickly rather than covering any blemishes. Smell wise it smells of a mixture of sun cream and cucumber even though it does not say that it contains an SPF. The claims on the packaging says that the cream does the following things:

  • Fights spots and blackheads
  • Refines and Mattifies the Skin
  • Visibly reduces redness
I agree that the cream reduces and mattifies the skin and to some extent it helps to fight spots and blackheads but I think it more helps to keep them at bay rather than helping any existing spots to go down. And as to reducing redness, I must say I haven't really noticed this.





Now onto the clinique one. For the price difference, I must say that this one is not amazingly different. It does have a very nice texture and is more moisturising than the Essence one which I prefer in terms of making my skin look healthy and meaning makeup apply well. The packaging is very similar to the Essence one, with the only thing making it slightly more luxurious is the more metallic packaging and obviously the brand logo. It battles blemishes at about the same rate as the Essence one so overall obviously the Essence one is better value although the Clinique one has a slightly nicer smell but that does not justify the price difference with the Clinique Moisturiser (50ml) coming it £19 at compared to the Essence moisturiser converting to roughly £2.90 (75ml) depending on where in the world you buy it.

So overall I can confidently say that although I do love the Clinique moisturiser the Essence one definitely puts up an amazing battle for the price.

Thanks for Reading,
Rose
X

No comments:

Post a Comment